Thursday, July 28, 2011

Off Maple Road


Plein air pastel landscape painting of an old house and field in Saline, Michigan

Pastel painting 11 inches x 8 inches

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

Had a little bit of time on Monday afternoon--not enough to go out searching for a great scene, but just enough time to do a quick plein air painting. There's a field by our house that I've always loved, so I hopped in the car and set up for a pastel landscape under a large shade tree. I didn't have a special view in mind so I just spun around and around til I found subject matter that I liked. I did a quick underpainting in watercolor using some of the techniques that Marla Bagetta had described to us in her workshop. Then began layering color, little by little. I loved the way the sunlit Queen Anne's Lace was highlighted against the shadowed old house...

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment