Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Blue Cornflower", by ELEANOR ERICKSON HARGRAVE





"Blue Cornflower", 14" x 11", Original Watercolor. This painting was inspired by the beautiful flowers I had just purchased to put on my table and paint. I've usually planted and grown them myself but this year my garden hasn't had the needed attention.(sigh) I looked around for that special vase or pitcher to put them in and found this up on a shelf. I instantly felt sentimental because of remembering all the fun family times we had at the table when using these dishes. Blue is really my favorite color if I could only have just one. Thank goodness we can have many, so my palette is at my whim. A beautiful day for painting...and I love to paint in my impressionistic style. I can only dream (and try) to paint like my very favorite artist in (watercolor and oil), Charles Reid. The prayers, encouragement, and support I get from the special people in my life keep me focused forward in my painting. I was fortunate that this painting SOLD today, almost while wet. I am thankful. Please feel free to visit my art blog, going back through folders. http://www.elliesartblog.blogspot.com/ Thank you and have a nice weekend. Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment