Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Garnet's Potting Shed

Plein air watercolor landscape painting of a garden path and potting shed.

Plein air watercolor painting 7 inches x 10.5 inches

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

Last week, my friend, Cecily, and I visited a beautiful garden at a home built in the mid 1850's by President Millard Fillmore's brother. The gardens had a wonderful old fashioned feel to them and complimented the old house perfectly. It was extremely hot, but we planted ourselves in the shade and did a few plein air watercolor paintings. I also took a lot of reference photos of the many flower beds, trellises and out buildings for future pastel garden paintings to be done in my studio this winter.

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment