Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas by Judy Crowe

Deep in the Heart of Texas 7x5 oil/p


 These are my youngest son's cowboy boots when he was a little boy.  He used to wear them on the wrong feet!  Talk about cute.  We still laugh about that today.  But the really funny thing is that he also wore..with the boots of course...his batman cape.  Never went anywhere without the two!  I have pics of him on the couch sound asleep-batman cape and boots and all.  Those were the days..  I guess I should have named this painting 'those were the days?'  Anyway, I am glad I kept them because now I can paint them.  Maybe tomorrow I'll paint my daughter's ruby slippers.  :)  They are also quite worn.

On another note, I got a note from my son today (my #1 son)  He had a Theodore Roosevelt quote for us...
"Far Better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumph, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat."
Thank you Jason.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and take it easy out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment