Sunday, July 31, 2011

Johnson's Garden


Plein air pastel painting of a garden and shaded potting shed.

Pastel painting 9 inches x 12 inches $100

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

Saturday morning I visited the same beautiful home where I did the watercolor painting, "Garnet's Potting Shed," which I posted a few days ago. This time I wanted to try a pastel garden painting of the luscious grounds.

Much as I may want to create a painting that is all flowers, I am always drawn to the architecture in a scene. I like to take the strong, structural lines of buildings and play them against the organic flow of landscape, or in this case, flowers and shrubs. I walked to the other side of the shed and really liked the view. The small shed was in deep shadow but some of the plants were lit by almost psychodelic sunlight. Just the type of subject I like for plein air painting!

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment