Friday, September 2, 2011

Summer Sky

Plein air pastel landscape painting of cumulus clouds over a riverbank.

Pastel painting 11.5 inches x 18 inches

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

I was on my way to portrait class last week, but it was a gorgeous Michigan summer day and I just couldn't stand the thought of being cooped up inside. I decided to do a plein air painting instead. The clouds were huge and the wind was pushing them across the sky at a steady clip. It reminded me of the Big Sky of Montana. I set up for a pastel landscape at Gallup Park along the riverbank and painted as fast as I could. I don't usually use Canson paper for landscapes but it was all I had with me and I had to go with it. Over the years, I've learned to be a very adaptable Michigan plein air artist!

This artwork was created with:

Paper: Canson Mi-Tients Steel Gray Paper

Medium: Rembrandt Pastels

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment