Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cutting Garden

Plein air watercolor painting of a flower garden against a shaded wall.

Plein air watercolor painting 7 inches x 9.5 inches

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

This cutting garden looked very dramatic against the shaded house so I thought I'd do a watercolor painting of it. But there was so much detail that I couldn't capture all of it. I decided to do a loose, freestyle version of what I was seeing. That is an ongoing challenge for me with floral paintings. Include every little bit of foilage and flower, or try to get down the general feeling of the view?


This artwork was created with:

Paper: Saunders Waterford Watercolor Paper

Medium: DaVinci Watercolors

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment