Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hearts For Anna



Whew, finally! My submission for the Hearts For Anna Event has been submitted. I was really starting to worry that I wouldn't finish on time, but it's done and I'm pleased with it. My hope is that it will sell and help to benefit one of our own.



I titled the piece, "Heart, Reclining (With A Fizzy Cocktail)" and it measures 5" x 7". This is the description I sent along with the submission form:



"This piece was created using primed artist’s canvas for its background, which was then washed with layers of watercolor. The sassy, cocktail-drinking heart, coolly lounging on her froo-froo bed of fringe, was sketched with graphite and then painted with watercolors, Sharpies, and acrylic paint. An appliqué of melted and Lumiere-painted plastic grocery sack was sewn onto her attire. Her fringe bed was created with dyed and stamped fabric that was then torn into strips and machine-sewn stitched into place. She toasts us with an embroidered cocktail glass brimming with beaded bubbles. Her inscription reads: “my heart to yours, our hearts together, for Anna.”



It will be back to the (VERY low-immersion, the drought is still dogging our heels) dye baths later this week- I've been out of white fabric for almost two weeks and there's a bolt on its way to me from Dharma Trading.



And in four more days, I'll draw the winning name of my Grand Opening Giveaway! :D



Until then, happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment